There are several questions for couples to start conversations and get to better understand themselves. Communication is after all one of the bedrocks of every relationship. It is therefore important for couples to ask questions that will make them get to know each other, share memories and connect in every possible way.
These questions for couples to build trust and intimacy are in different categories, they are intimate questions to ask your partner, serious questions to ask your boyfriend, romantic questions to ask your boyfriend, fun questions for married couples, game questions for parties, relationship questions, and answers.
It is important to know that the following questions in each category can be asked randomly, as they follow no particular order of hierarchy.
Intimate Questions To Ask Your Partner
For every romantic relationship to thrive, couples have to get to know themselves. The purpose of these questions is for couples to get to know and understand themselves, so they can create a future for themselves together. The following are intimate questions:
1. What do you find most attractive about me?
2. What turns you on?
3. Have you been in a relationship before now?
4. Why did you break up with your ex-girlfriend?
5. When did you have your first kiss?
6. When did you first make out with a girl?
7. What do you find most interesting about me?
8. What is the one gift you desire the most?
9. Do you think there is a future for us?
10. What makes you happy?
11. What makes you sad?
Serious Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend
To better know and understand your partner, it is important to ask them some deep or serious questions otherwise you will never have the faintest clue who they are. Some serious relationship questions to ask your boyfriend are :
1. What is your state of origin?
2. Do you have a job?
3. How many siblings do you have?
4. Are your parents divorced?
5. Do you believe in divorce?
6. How old are you?
7. What do your parents do for a living?
8. What do you do for a living?
9. What makes you angry?
10. What makes you happy?
11. What was your childhood like?
12. What are your strengths?
13. What are your weaknesses?
14. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
15. What are your hobbies?
16. What do you think my weaknesses are?
17. Can you tolerate my weaknesses?
18. Why do you love me?
19. Do you think we can create our future together?
20. What are your hopes /aspirations?
21. What are you passionate about?
22. What career path would you love to follow?
23. What are your core values?
Romantic Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend
To maintain intimacy in every relationship, there are romantic questions couples can use spice things up between them and keep their feelings for each other alive. Here are some romantic questions for couples:
1. Which part of my body, do you find most attractive?
2. What do you love the most about me?
3. Where would you love for us to go on our next date?
4. What is the one spot on your body that is most sensitive when we are making out?
5. What style of making love is your favorite?
6. How many kids do you want us to have?
Fun Questions To Ask Your Partner
Fun questions help to keep relationships interesting. So try asking your partner the following fun questions starting from today.
1. What do you consider your most embarrassing moment in life?
2. Do you sleep with your lights on or off?
3. Do you cry when you watch emotional movies?
4. What is the worst food you have ever eaten?
5. Have you ever had stomach upset in public before?
6. You are invited to dinner with a person you have always wanted to meet, who is it?
Questions For Married Couples
Marriage is a lifetime commitment that requires couples to work together to achieve their set goals. Some questions married couples can ask themselves are :
1. What schools do you want our kids to attend?
2. How many kids should we have?
3. How do we best manage our finances to suit our family needs?
4. Where should we go on our next vacation?
5. What plans do we have for the future?
Game Questions For Parties
Games help people to relax and in every relaxed atmosphere socializing comes easily to people. So couples connect better when game questions are asked at parties. These questions are spontaneous questions that help couples to release themselves and have fun! Some of these questions are :
1. What is the naughtiest thing you’ve done
2. Who was your high school crush
3. When did you have your first kiss
4. When did you first make out with a girl
5. What is the silliest thing you’ve done for a girl
6. What do you enjoy doing by yourself
7. Define yourself in one word
8. Which celebrity are you attracted to the most
9. Who is your favorite movie actor
10. Who is your favorite musician
The purpose of the above questions is for couples to establish deeper trust and love among themselves. For this purpose to be accomplished, couples have to make out time for themselves, (during which distractions must be avoided), free themselves and enjoy the moment.
Save These Questions For Later!
Communicating with your significant other may still get a little tough at times. Don’t worry; we’re here to help out. We will be giving you some ideas on questions you can ask your partner if you’re trying to get to know them better. These questions will work perfectly, even simply for the fun of flirting with them!
Questions To Get To Know Each Other
Getting to know someone better is one of the best feelings in any relationship, be it platonic or romantic. When you know someone well, you’re aware of how they want to be loved, which helps make your relationship stronger.
Here are 45 questions you can ask to get to know your partner better
- What’s your favorite way to pass the time?
- What is the name of the last book you read?
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
- What was your best year yet?
- What is the last show you binge-watched?
- Do you prefer watching movies at the theater or at home?
- Do you have a favorite holiday? What was it?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- Do you have a go-to guilty pleasure? What is it?
- Is there any particular quote that has stuck with you through rough times?
- Do you believe in the afterlife?
- What is one thing you do to make yourself feel better instantly?
- Do you enjoy musicals? Why?
- What’s the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
- What’s one thing you do to uplift your spirits when feeling down?
- Which is your favorite season?
- How would you describe yourself in two words?
- What would you say is your biggest flaw or weakness?
- What would you say is your strongest suit?
- How do you like your coffee?
- What is one app you use most on your phone?
- Do you like children?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite animal?
- Have you ever been outside of your country?
- How many places around the world have you visited?
- What is your favorite board game?
- Do you like concerts?
- Do you like to go for breakfast dates or dinner dates?
- What would be the first thing you’d buy if you were to win a lottery today?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Is there a person you feel incredibly comfortable with? Who is it?
- What are your goals in life?
- What is something you regret?
- What is your favorite thing to do?
- What is your love language?
- Do you enjoy deep conversations?
- What is your take on living a life of no regrets?
- Do you believe in the phrase ‘You only live once?’
- How do you see us solving communication issues if any were to arise?
- What is your favorite color?
- What does your dream house look like?
- What is your favorite vacation spot?
- What kind of people do you not like being around?
- Who do you prefer to spend your lazy afternoons with?
Thought-provoking Questions For Couples
It’s important to see eye to eye with your partner when you’re in a relationship. Understanding each other’s way of thinking is a way of showing love.
Know your partner’s perspective with these thought-provoking questions:
- Do you believe in the concept of ‘luck’?
- When was the last time you did something for yourself?
- When was the last time you let yourself try something new?
- Do you sometimes compare yourself to others?
- Who is the wisest person that is a part of your life?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve given to someone?
- What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?
- What makes life worth living for you?
- Is there a lesson that life has taught you the hard way? If yes, what was it?
- Do you believe in making the most out of your life?
- Do you think settling for something you didn’t want is a bad thing at all times?
- Do you think asking questions is a good thing or a bad thing?
- Who is one person you cannot afford to lose at all costs?
- What do you think is the most crucial thing in life?
- Do you think it’s important to chase your dreams?
- Do you believe in the concept of ‘meant-to-be?’
- What is one thing you would do right now if you knew no one was watching?
- Do you think it is a good thing to cry?
- What is something you’d do differently if you had the chance?
- Do you think celebrating life is a good thing or a bad thing?
- What is your take on religion?
- How spiritual would you say you are?
- Is there a time in your life when you felt highly lonely?
- What is one saying or quote you live by?
- Do you believe in speaking the truth no matter how much it might hurt the other person?
- What does your happiness look like to you?
- Is there something you do that makes you forget about time?
- If you could go back in time to tell your younger self something, what would it be?
- Have you ever had a tough time accepting things the way they are?
- Do you like surprises? Why or why not?
- Do you like celebrating your birthday?
- Would you instead love or be loved?
- If you could eat only one meal in your life, what would it be?
- Do you like or dislike your job?
- Who would you be with if you were to get stranded on a deserted island with one person only?
- What are your thoughts on online dating?
- Do you prefer to live your life lowkey?
- Do you enjoy your own company?
Personal Questions To Ask A Guy
Personal questions aren’t easy to think of, but they’re very efficient in getting to know an individual deeper than the surface.
45 personal questions you can ask a guy are:
- What is something you don’t mind spending some extra money (than generally) on?
- How would you describe your relationship with your parents?
- How would you describe your relationship with your siblings?
- What is a ‘wasted life’ according to you?
- What is one thing you’ve worked on to change in your life?
- Do you think change is a good thing?
- What is something you regret not doing?
- Is there someone you look up to? Who is that person?
- What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told someone?
- What is something that makes you extremely angry?
- How well would you say you can handle your anger?
- What is one thing you can’t help but judge people for, even if you might not necessarily like it?
- Would you say you’re an extrovert or introvert?
- Do you like spending time in nature?
- Are you a beach person or a mountain person?
- Do you believe in saving money or spending it on yourself?
- If you were to be convicted of a crime, what do you think it would be?
- What do your ambitions look like?
- Do you have any irrational fears or phobias?
- What is something you would never do for any amount of money?
- Do you like spending time alone?
- Who is your best friend?
- What does an ideal relationship look like to you?
- When have you felt the proudest of yourself?
- Who is the most important person in your life?
- Do you think money is equal to success?
- What does it mean to you to have financial independence?
- What was one compliment you’ve gotten that has stuck with you through the years?
- Do you think the world is black and white?
- What is one thing a person can do to gain your complete respect?
- What motivates you to do better in life?
- How many pillows do you sleep with?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is one quality you hate in your partner?
- What is one thing someone that wants to know you better should know?
- Do you sleep with or without socks?
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve done in public?
- What would you say was the wildest thing you’ve ever done?
- What is the worst gift you’ve ever received?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever given to someone?
- What’s your favorite movie genre?
- When are you at your happiest?
- What games do you like to play?
- How often do you go out drinking?
- What is one selfless act someone has done for you that made you feel nice?
45 Random Questions To Ask Your Partner
Random Questions are a fun way of understanding your partner’s take on a lot of things. Be very specific or generic. Whatever you want to ask them, ask away!
- Do you have a bucket list? What is the very first activity?
- What is one thing you want to work for?
- What gives you a sense of satisfaction?
- What makes you feel accomplished?
- Are you proud of yourself for what you are today?
- Have you ever wanted to live somewhere other than here?
- What are your goals in a long-term relationship?
- What is one place you want to visit?
- What has been the best day of your life yet?
- What is one habit you could never get rid of?
- What is one good thing about yourself that most people don’t know or appreciate?
- Have you ever felt misunderstood by someone you loved?
- Do you believe in mending broken relationships?
- What is your favorite song?
- Who is your favorite singer?
- What is something you never want to have to let go of?
- What is your favorite memory with me?
- Is there anyone you want to be closer to in life?
- What does your perfect date look like?
- Is there something about you that I don’t know?
- Have you ever wanted to do something differently?
- What’s your favorite place?
- Do you believe in open communication?
- When was the first time you fell for someone?
- When did you have your first kiss ever?
- What makes you most loved?
- Is there anything you want to change about yourself?
- Is there something you want to know about me that you don’t already know?
- If there was one superhuman quality you could get, what would it be?
- Do you have a tough time letting go of someone that has hurt you?
- What was the worst phase of your life?
- What is something you’ve never done but want to try?
- If someone were to grant you three wishes right now, what would they be?
- Have you always been the one to understand or the one to be understood?
- Do you believe that you’re responsible for your happiness?
- What did you always want to be growing up?
- Do you think you get closer to who you want to be every day in some form or the other?
- Would you rather dine at a fine dining restaurant or home?
- Do you prefer living by yourself or with your family?
- When you’re in a bad mood, do you prefer to be alone or have someone cheer you up?
- Are you a tea or coffee person?
- What is the right age to get married according to you?/li>
- What are your thoughts on feminism?
- How important is your mental well-being to you?
- What is one dream you remember very distinctly?
Asking questions about relationships will help you understand each other better by making it clear where you stand with them (if it’s not already apparent). Relationships are all about communicating openly.
Asking these questions will do just that for you
- When was the last time you broke someone’s heart?
- When was the last time someone broke your heart?
- Do you believe in second chances?
- Do you like to stay friends with your exes?
- What is something you look for in your ideal partner?
- Are you happy with the intimacy we share right now?
- Is there anything you want to change about our relationship?
- What was your first impression of me?
- Do you think we impact each other’s life positively?
- How do you like to be shown love?
- Do you like showing love publicly to your partner?
- What was the best moment you’ve experienced with me yet?
- What was your most romantic moment with me yet?
- Do you like being given nicknames?
- Do you respect the other person’s opinion even if they’re different from your own?
- Do you apologize when you’re in the wrong?
- Do you feel jealous often?
- Is there anything I do that makes you feel insecure?
- Do you bring up arguments often when in a relationship?
- Do you believe in making relationships work through effort?
- How serious are you about me?
- What do you think about our future?
- Do you picture me with you five years down the line?/li>
- What is the most attractive thing about me?
- Do you think you can make long-distance relationships work?
- Do you believe you must know everything about your partner’s previous relationships?
- Are you still friends with any of your exes?
- What is a deal-breaker for you in a relationship?
- Do you look forward to our relationship together?
- Have you thought about marriage?
- What makes you happy in a relationship?
- Are you satisfied with the romantic relationship we currently share?
- What is something about me that you’ve noticed on several occasions?
- Do you believe in shared happiness in a relationship?
- Are you okay with making sacrifices in a relationship?
- Are you willing to put in the time and effort our relationship requires?
- How important is it for you to understand each other in a relationship?
- Would you tell your partner not to do something mainly because it makes you angry or jealous?
- Do you forgive often?
- When was the last time you’ve felt extremely loved because of something I did?
- How often do you like to engage in sex?
- Do you like being the big spoon or the little spoon?
- Do you prefer cuddling or kissing?
- Do you want to grow old with me?
- What is your biggest turn-on?
Interesting Questions To Ask
A list of questions that will let you know what you’re in for. Are they funny and humorous? Smart and witty? Ask away, and you’ll find out.
What exactly makes your partner so interesting?
- What would you name your dog if you had one?
- Do you believe in magic?
- What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
- What is the closest thing to magic for you?
- Who is the most trustworthy person you know?
- What is something that you find intriguing?
- What are you passionate about?
- Where do you want to be five years down the line from now?
- If you could exchange your life with a movie character, which one would you pick?
- Would you rather be able to read minds or speak all languages?
- What do you consider unacceptable?
- What was one good news that you’ve recently received?
- What are your favorite flowers?
- If you could get an all-expenses-paid trip to anywhere in the world today, where would it be?
- Do you think it is important to feel understood by someone you like?
- Have you ever felt lesser than someone in life?
- What is the most useless talent you’d say you have?
- What is your favorite smell?
- What makes you nostalgic?
- What is a body part that you wouldn’t mind losing?
- What is the best place you’ve ever been to?
- What makes you happy?
- How would you say life has treated you so far?
- Do you like long drives?
- If you had the chance to change your name, what would you change it to?
- When was the last time you screwed up big time?
- What was the funniest incident you’ve experienced?
- Do you find yourself amusing?
- What is something you believed was common when you were younger but found out it wasn’t once you grew up?
- Are you scared of something? What is it?
- Do you enjoy horror movies? Which is your favorite one?
- What is something you can never get tired of?
- Have you ever been skinny dipping?
- Do you believe in loving a person for infinity?
- What’s the most exciting book you’ve ever read?
- What was one prank you’ve successfully done on someone?
- When was the last time you got pranked?
- Which fictional animal do you wish was real?
- Do you like being tickled?
- What is a movie you can never get enough of?
- Do you believe in doing a job out of the love for it or money only?
- What is your dream job?
- What is the most interesting thing you’ve noticed about someone?
- Have you ever met a fascinating stranger?
- What is one crazy thing you don’t regret doing?
Flirty Questions To Ask A Guy
If you’re looking to flirt with your significant other but don’t know what exactly to ask them, we’ve got for you a list of quirky questions covered.
Fun questions you can ask him:
- What do you look for in your partner?
- What does your perfect date look like?
- What’s the best place to have a first kiss?
- Have you been working out lately?
- What’s the best way to ask someone out, according to you? (Asking for a friend)
- If we were to go on a date, what do you think it would be like?
- What is something you want to try but you never have?
- What emoji do you use for flirting with someone?
- What’s the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you?
- Would you date someone that your friends don’t necessarily like?
- What is your best feature, according to you?
- Has anyone ever told you you’re gorgeous?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you know how amazing you are?
- Are you single?
- What do you want to do for the rest of your life?
- Do you consider yourself a romantic?
- Do your weekend plans include me?
- At what point in your relationship do you think it is okay to let your guard down?
- What is more important for you in a relationship, brain or beauty?
- What is something you’ve been looking forward to?
- What is something you love doing?
- What does a healthy relationship look like to you?
- Do you like spending time with me?
- What are you looking for?
- What makes your life meaningful?
- What excites you?
- When was the last time you felt butterflies in your stomach?
- What makes you feel butterflies?
- What do you do to make sure you feel confident?
- Do you miss someone you’ve lost?
- What’s your favorite rom-com movie?
- What movie do you wish your life was like?
- What are your favorite nicknames?
- Do you have a crush on someone?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- Where is your happy place?
- Do you prefer a pool or a jacuzzi?
- What’s the worst pickup line you’ve ever heard?
- What’s the cheesiest pickup line someone has used on you?
- What is your idea of romance?
- What do you like more, cuddling or kissing?
- Do you think falling in love is easier than falling out of it?
- Would you rather go on a date with me or eat your least favorite food?
- Do you miss anyone from your past?
Questions About Their Family And Childhood
A person’s childhood shapes their life, and the relationship a person shares with their family speaks a lot about them.
Here’s what you can ask to know more about your partner’s family life and childhood:
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- Which parent were you closer to while growing up?
- What did your parents almost name you?
- Who are you closest to in your family?
- How many siblings do you have? Who is your favorite sibling?
- What was your family vacation?
- Did you play family board games occasionally?
- Did your family always eat dinner together?
- Did you play any instruments as a kid?
- What sports did you play growing up, if any?
- Were you a picky eater?
- Who was your best friend?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What pets did you have as a kid?
- As a kid, did you have a favorite candy/chocolate?
- What did your dad do for a living?
- Were your parents around often while growing up?
- Did you ever feel a lack of affection growing up?
- Do you still keep in touch regularly with your parents?
- Does your family spend weekends together?
- Do you have grandparents?
- Are you close to your grandparents?
- What do you love most about your family? And why?
- Who was/is your role model in your family?
- Is your family fairly open-minded about your partners?
- Which one of your family members would you do anything for?
- Which one of your family members do you know relates to most?
- Who do you trust most in your family?
- How important is your family to you?
- Do you still live with your parents?
- Growing up, were your parents strict?
- What’s the best quality your family possesses?
- Would you say your parents were authoritative or permissive?
- Did you get along well with your siblings?
- How can one be a good parent, according to you?
- What is something you got into a lot of trouble with as a kid?
- What is your family nickname?
- Who is the oldest person in your family now?
- How many aunts and uncles do you have?
- What are your cousins like?
- What is your favorite way to spend time with your family?
- What is one recent favorite memory you share with your family?
- What are your core family values?
- Do you think you spend enough time with your family?
Questions About Having Kids
It is of essence to be on the same page about kids at a particular stage of your relationship. There are many things one must consider before making a change and taking on the responsibility of a child, so we’ve come up with a list of questions you can ask your partner before you move ahead.
Make sure you know what your partner’s thoughts are by asking them:
- How many kids would you like to have?
- What would you want to name your future child?
- Do you think we’re ready to be parents?
- Why do you want kids?
- Do you believe you’re ready to raise a kid?
- Would you be able to spare time for your kid?
- Do you think we’re financially stable enough to have a kid?
- How do you intend to save for our kid’s future?
- How do you think you can discipline a child?
- What are your guiding principles for raising a child?
- How would we handle it if our kid was to be a specially-abled child?
- What kind of childcare would we be using?
- How will we split our responsibilities as parents?
- Would we choose our kid’s religion or let them decide their own?
- Where would you like to raise our child?
- Do you understand the responsibility that comes with having a child?
- Will we be finding out the gender of the child before the delivery?
- Do you have a particular name for your future child?
- Will we be needing help in raising our kids?
- What are your thoughts about hiring a full-time nanny or a babysitter?
- Who will be the godfather of the child?
- What are our core values as a family?
- How will we respond if our child is a part of the LGBTQIA+ Community?
- What kind of relationship do we want to shape our child into having with technology?
- How significant is our child’s academic achievement to you?
- Would you want our child to participate/help with household chores?
- What aspects of your upbringing would you want to recreate or avoid with your child?
- Do you expect our relationship to change drastically after having a child?
- Will the baby have a separate place to sleep, or will it be sleeping in our room?
- Who is going to be the primary caretaker of the child?
- How will we be handling feeding the child at night?
- How do you plan on saving up now?
- What if we have trouble conceiving?
- How will we make sure we prioritize our relationship?
- How will we make sure to keep the spark alive?
- What scares you most about being a parent?
- What will we be doing to support each other as parents?
- What do you imagine our life to look like with a baby?
- What was your upbringing like?
- What are your thoughts on adoption?
- Will our family always be your number one priority?
- What do you value most in a child?
- What kind of role would you want to play in your child’s life?
- How do you feel about genetic testing?
- What are your thoughts on abortion?
Something about getting to know your partner better just screams ‘LOVE.’ Most people feel loved and appreciated when they’re known for who they are.
Knowing someone inside out is accepting them for the way they are, and it is the true meaning of love for us. Speak your heart out, let them know they’re loved by getting to know them. Give yourself and your partner the space to be who they are at all times.