A hopeless romantic is a believer of love— a person who carries a vital perspective for the beautiful emotion called love. Irrespective of the barriers they might face and the number of times their hearts have broken, their passion for love never descends.
Hopeless romantics are individuals who spread love unconditionally, rejoice in being loved, and have influential and empathetic personalities.
They consider loving a blissful experience despite all odds and past experiences. The word “HOPELESS” explains their resistant belief against all the discomfort and sorrow they had in love.
More than the real person, they fall for the imaginary perspective of love. Such individuals believe in Disney & fictional romance and pursue similar beliefs.
They are devoted to the lovey-dovey moments, romance’s grace, and often put in all their courage to romanticize this feeling— they are no less of a crazy paramour.
But the question still stands,
Is it always fascinating to be a hopeless romantic?
Loving never goes out of style— from dreaming about fairy tales to planning a life with your love. Being hopeless romantic is joyful, and optimistically, such people rule hearts.
Hopeless romantic traits start turning out against you when you don’t realize the consequences of your intentions & emotions. Similarly, individuals who are unaware of their strong feelings may end up hurting their own feelings.
It’s not wrong to think about a future with your partner. However, imagining a future so early in a relationship will raise complications & commitment issues.
I would still say being a hopeless romantic is not a bad thing. In fact, loving someone deeply is a beautiful thing to pursue. Make sure that you love without attachment and practice endless love without forming early future goals.
30 Signs That You Are A Hopeless Romantic
1. You are a one-sided lover
Love doesn’t always mean being in a relationship, and loving can be done from one side. One-sided love tends to be the purest version of emotions— to admire a person, feel their presence, gaze at them from afar, and smile unconsciously, watching them smile. It’s pure & it’s deep.
If you are always loving your partner a little more/a lot more than your partner, chances are that you are one great hopeless romantic.
2. Extremely focused on making everything run smoothly
Relationships are the best source of divine love, and it works great when two people come forward with equal efforts to make it work with pure intentions.
When things get complicated for your lover, it’s good to stand with them and give your 100%. However, when you are the only one putting effort all the time to save the spark and existence of your relationship, you are one big hopeless romantic and such relationships also may fail sooner or later.
It’s best to rely on a relationship that’s strong, empowering, enthusiastic, and nurturing from both sides.
3. You often choose romantic stuff
You fall in love with the idea of love and being in love, prefer romantic songs over any genre, and your movie picks are often rom-coms, cheesy romantic hits, Disney fairy tales, and heavily intimate series.
That’s not all; you enjoy forgetting reality while reading romantic books with cheesy lovers.
4. You imagine scenarios of making love
Having a wild imagination is good. However, forgetting your reality while daydreaming about love that doesn’t exist may hurt you tremendously. So, it’s necessary to keep honesty and reality checks with your imagination.
Hopeless romantics constantly urge to live in the past or future moments; they create scenarios in their minds and forget to live the reality.
The strong urge to imagine intimate scenarios with your partner/anyone usually happens when you miss or want to kiss them. At times like these, hopeless romantics can’t really resist their minds and allow their imagination to run wild with romantic dreams.
5. You are a keeper of forever promises
You believe in love that lasts for a lifetime, a promise meant to be fulfilled. You are strongly committed to loyalty, and if life goes as you planned, you are looking to build a life together with your partner.
These are godly indications of a sterling heart— such individuals don’t hold onto past mistakes and don’t want to hurt their partners by digging graves. You are either all up or out— your lover is one lucky individual to have someone like you!
6. You daydream about your wedding day
If you also daydream about your wedding day and can’t wait to fulfill your desire to get married to your love, you are big into hopeless romance.
The constant yearn to wear a wedding dress, design your wedding cake, decide the number of guests, and create wedding scenarios in your head are all pretty luxury signs of someone who is a hopeless romantic.
On your first date, try to avoid imagining wedding bells. Instead, approach casually and understand the individual better before you conclude them as your husband/wife.
7. You prioritize your love over everything
You always prioritize your relationship and your lover, and this habit may distance you from your friends and family members because, when things rush in your life, and you are only left with your partner— life will throw back a significant imbalance:
- You will feel lonely.
- You might not have anyone around you to pour your heart’s content or vent about anything/relationship.
- Connecting with them again may seem difficult.
- Breakups are even scarier when you are away from your friends/family.
8. You find it uneasy to digest breakups
Breakups are not an easy part of your life. Every time you go through a breakup, you find a piece of yourself missing. It’s also hard for you to get over breakups, and you might as well cling onto your ex-partner in an attempt to save a relationship that’s already broken.
Such solid emotions and unwillingness to let go may make you develop separation anxiety and make moving on a lot more complicated than it usually is.
9. Your emotions easily lead you
You always value your strong emotions over everything. You don’t have a realistic or calculative approach to life decisions, and your life decisions are led by your heart more than your mind.
10. You feel lonely when you get into single life
You find it tough to spend time alone and enjoy your own company.
You look for relationships as a necessity in your life and not just as an additional part; hence you keep on searching for someone to complete your whole life and usually jump into the next relationship quickly after a breakup because you always want someone to lean on.
More often, you get upset when your partner doesn’t involve you enough in his life. because you don’t like to be lonely or left out in life.
11. You entertain hurtful actions for the sake of your partner’s happiness
Sometimes you compromise with your authentic standards to bring a smile to your partner’s face.
Deep down, you know this isn’t a fair thing to do with yourself, but you still do it because you are so kind and generous that you struggle to set boundaries, and people take advantage of you for this.
12. You love giving surprises
You like to accelerate your relationships a little extra by adding thrill and surprises because you love making your partner smile.
You take the initiative to plan a trip together or spontaneously take your partner on romantic dinner dates.
In fact their birthdays and anniversaries excite you a lot and you try to read their likes and dislikes to make them feel special.
13. You prioritize quality time with your partner over your family/friends/yourself
You are hopelessly romantic when you prioritize your time with your love rather than connecting with your family, friends, or yourself. You give all your contemplation to your love life.
14. You fall very fast and love hard
Hopeless romantics fall in love fast and they love with their whole heart. There is no line of rule for them in love. They keep on fantasizing about their passion in the future and never restrict themselves to going beyond their limits; their love is crazy.
15. You choose red hearts of love over red flags
It’s hard to accept that your relationship isn’t giving you the love you always pictured. Instead of asking and speaking about the discomfort, you choose not to yell to save the relationship.
16. You feel uncomfortable with detachment and distances
Speaking about distance and detachment gives you a sense of separation pain or separation anxiety.
17. You are waiting for your soulmate
With your eye full of flaming hopes, you keep on visualizing love with your imaginary soulmate until you get someone in real life.
18. You are enthusiastic about every small celebration
Every small celebration in your relationship feels grand— your approach is always big and beautiful. That’s not all, you believe in celebrating small details of your relationship.
It’s not just celebrating valentine’s or birthday— you celebrate first kiss, first hug, first intimacy night, first open talk, and literally everything!
19. High standards
With all that daydreaming, watching sappy movies, and reading cheesy novels, your standards are already way too high! You imagine a love that crosses the oceans for you and a love partner who is no less than a Disney prince, or perhaps Taehyung (BTS).
20. You cannot control yourself looking at babies & pets
There’s no doubt that you are a loving person, but your love for babies and pets exceeds every limit. You want to have multiple kids, pets, and a lively family!
21. You care less
Since most of your time is spent loving, you have no time to care for what others have to think or say! Their ogling perception doesn’t bother you whatsoever.
22. Overly emotional
Being overly emotional doesn’t equate to being weak— you just cry a lot watching sad scenes, especially if a dog dies. Additionally, it takes very little to make you cry.
23. You Encourage Romantic Connections
You root for romantic connections for characters (from movies & books) and cry heavily if those characters don’t end up together.
24. Your language is LOVE
It shows in your existence:
- You are overly loud about your love and scream ‘I LOVE YOU’ everywhere without shame.
- Every time you see your partner, babies, or puppies, you have heart eyes.
- You dress up greatly.
- You smile a lot, and you are always happy.
- Your personality is vibrant.
25. You hum songs and dance without noticing
Whether doing a chore or mopping the floor, you are always humming or giving in a few dance moves. Not only does your face smile, but your body is giddy as well. You are simply optimistic and forever loving.
26. You believe in twin flames, soulmates, and the magic of love
You believe in magical love tales and magical powers.
27. You witness beauty
Your boundless love and over-hyped optimism paint a beautiful world for you. Everything around seems colorful and full of life. Your world is full of rainbows, butterflies, and beauty!
28. You played Wedding games a lot when young
Of course, we have all played ‘Doctor! Doctor!’ with fake injections and ‘Home! Home!’ with kitchen utensils and adult play roles.
While choosing characters to play, a hopeless romantic would always want to play the role of a wife/husband. They would always want to play marriage games, whether marrying dolls or themselves.
29. Love, at first sight, is a necessity for you
You love the idea of love and grew up watching/reading endless romance stories. So, you don’t want a superficial relationship— you want chaos, villains, pain, and hurdles in your life to experience a similar movie-like romance.
Also, you would instead prefer meeting someone by accident than on casual dates; casual dating isn’t your thing!
30. You don’t have flings or one-night stands
You believe in long-lasting love. You don’t appreciate flings, one-night stands, or casual dating and would never settle for anything less than true love that will last for life.
So, do you think you are a hopeless romantic? If so, my only suggestion would be to love yourself truly before loving others unconditionally. At the same time, if you have found a hopeless romantic partner, cherish him with your genuine emotions. He is the one who’ll love you deeply!
100 Hopeless Romantic Quotes
Love is a language with no barriers, and it is well defined by poets, writers, and lyricists who gave their quotes to make it feel more beautiful. Here are my favorites amongst them all.
- “As a hopeless romantic, I’m drawn to stories of the improbable beginning”- Mary Kay Andrews.
- “I’ll always be the ever hopeful, completely hopeless romantic” -N.R Hart.
- “I think the perfection of love is that it’s not perfect” – Taylor Swift.
- “We are hopeless romantics who still fall in love with words” – Avijeet Das.
- “Loving is like walking between raindrops” – BJ Niblett.
- “Loving is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired” – Robert Frost.
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same,” Emily Bronte.
- “I may need hopeless romance, but I’ll always be here for you” – unknown.
- “I want to have a romance so grand, and I would make Shakespeare fumble for words” – Sandberg khan.
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return” – Nat King Cole.
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more and brings us peace to our mind. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” -Nicholas Sparks, the Notebook.
- “People don’t write sonnets about being compatible or novels about shared life goals and stimulating conversations. The great loves are the crazy ones.” – Blair Waldorf.
- “I’m a hopeless romantic. I love love. My middle name is love. Valentine’s day is my favorite holiday. I want to have a family and children. I’m a sucker for every romantic comedy that comes out.” – Jennifer Love Hewitt.
- “I’m not done with love, but I refuse to settle. I’m a hopeless romantic. And I won’t stop till I get it right.” – Halle Berry.
- “No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.” – Diana PeterFreund.
- “I used to be hopelessly romantic, and I fell in love with everyone I went out with.- Jeremy London
- “Love is just a word until someone comes around and gives it meaning.” – Paulo Coelho.
- “I’m a hopeless romantic. One of those silly people that believe happiness is found in a kiss and that love can save us all.” – Ariana A. Robinson
- “I’d rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.” -Pocahontas.
- “Hit me like a sunray burning through my darkest night. You’re the only one that I want. Think I’m addicted to your light.” – Beyonce.
- “Every Person is a possibility. The hopeless romantic feel it most acutely, but even for others, the only way to keep going is to see every person as a possibility.” -David Levithan.
- “I’ll be the weeping willow drowning in my tears, and you can go swimming when you are here. I’ll be a rainbow after the tears are gone, wrap you in my colors and keep you warm.” Otis Redding
- “The only way to beat my crazy was by doing something crazy yourself. Thank you. I love you. I knew the minute I met you. I’m sorry it took so long for me to catch up. I just got stuck.” – Silver linings playbook.
- “What do you want? Do you want the moon? Just say the word, and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey, that’s a pretty good idea. I’ll give you the moon.” – It’s a wonderful life.
- “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, that oblivion is inevitable, and that we are all doomed. There will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we will ever have, and I’m in love with you” – John Green.
- “Sometimes the heart sees what’s invisible to the eyes.” H. JACKSON Brown, Jr.
- “He would save her again and again, no matter how angry he was with her.” -Ruined by Ami Tintera.
- “And things with a hopeless romantic is.. that he remains in love forever, with a hope.”- Rohan Rathore.
- “It’s better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all.”- Alfred Tennyson.
- “I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you’re in the world” -Elton john.
- “However far we wander, we bring a piece of each other.” -k. Volume
- “You are my best friend. I scream it to nothingness. There ain’t nothing that I need. Home, let me come home; home is wherever I’m with you.” Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros
- “People do fall in love. People do belong to each other because that’s the only chance that anyone’s got for True happiness.” Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, love, and love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on” – pride and prejudice.
- “I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” -Dirty Dancing.
- “I’m here, and I’m looking at her, and she is so beautiful. I can see it—this one moment when you know you are not a sad story. You are alive, and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder.”- The perks of being a Wallflower.
- “Nothing is more excruciating than hopelessly longing for lost love.” -Ken Poirot.
- “They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.”- Big Fish.
- “Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.” – Casablanca.
- “To me, you’re perfect.” – love actually.
- “Love is when a single soul inhabits two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “There can only be life where there is love.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “I just can’t help it – I’ve always been a hopeless romantic.” – CM Punk
- “You know what the beast beautifier is? Love.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “I will probably always be a romantic.” – Kim Kardashian
- “The trick is being a romantic that also has a dirty mind.” – Lelee Sobieski
- “ If you can choose what you can hold onto in life, choose each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “I’ve never been anything else than a true hopeless romantic.” – Brett Young
- “Love spreads exactly like a virus. It can affect anyone, anytime, anywhere.” – Maya Angelou
- “Handwritten letters have a special kind of hopeless romantic feel.” – Mithila Palkar
- “Spoiling my girlfriends is just part of who I am – a romantic!” – Orlando Bloom
- “I do not know if anything in this world is perpetual, except for you.” – Sanober Khan
- “The only way that I can understand all that I understand is through love, because I love.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Follow the motto of a true hopeless romantic – love her, or leave her.” – Aishini
- “Being a romantic means accepting that sometimes you’ll be pathetic, not heroic. It is part of love.” – Chris Lowell
- “When it comes to love, I’m all about being a romantic and a generally passionate person.” – Jennifer Lopez
- “The simplest and best lesson you’ll learn in life is that loving and being loved is the only thing you need.” – David Bowie
- “Let’s just fall in love, even birds and bees do it!” – Cole Porter
- “The best love stories start with an improbable beginning.” – Mary Kay Andrews
- “Love is the embodiment of two people’s imaginations, seeing what their life would be like together.” – Krystle Kotara
- “Love belongs in your heart. Just as the sun keeps the garden flowers alive, so will love nurture you.” – Oscar Wilde
- “You’ll know strength when you’re deeply loved by someone. You’ll know courage when you deeply love someone.” – Lao Tzu
- “Love is tricky; it transforms us into both the best and the worst versions of ourselves. Sometimes, the 2 options happen simultaneously.” – Ryan O’Connell
- “Love is when you can’t fall asleep anymore, because reality is better than your dreams every time.” – Dr. Seuss
- “My faith in love is real. If I love someone, I’ll give it my all.” – Melanie Fiona
- “Being a hopeless romantic can change with time. Love means one thing when you’re young, and another thing when you’re older. But, it’s always the same feeling.” – Randeep Hooda
- “I loved you for how perfect you were. Then, I saw you are not perfect, so I loved you that much more.” – Angelita Lim
- “I don’t buy the things I love because they’re valuable, but because they have a deep significance for me.” – Iris Apfel
- “Staring into each other’s eyes isn’t love. Love is when you both look towards the horizon in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Eupery
- “No one falls in love because they chose to. You’re simply drawn towards some people.” – Harriet Evans
- “When you think your love life is over, that’s when you should really watch out for the important signs.” – Gerard Butler
- “If you’re thinking about what you’re getting from a relationship, that’s not love. Love is thinking about what you can give the other person; which should be everything.” – Katharine Hepburn
- “A romantic’s life is Valentine’s Day every day, but also painful days that test your resolve.” – Maria Bastida
- “Supporting love is just as important as being in love. Root for your friends to get with their crushes!” – Kristen Ashley
- “I guess I’m just an old school romantic. I enjoy talking about love, listening to songs about finding or losing love, and that feeling of not being sure if you should tell a guy yet that you love him.” – Candice Glover
- “You can fall in love with more than just people. I’m a sucker for certain things, songs, places, animals. I open my heart and let everything beautiful come in.” – Christopher Poindexter
- “I am waiting for him. He who will jolt me awake.” – Sanober Khan
- “You are worthy of good things, and I want to be one of them.” – Ellen Hopkins
- “The first person you have to love is yourself.” – Lucille Ball
- “Being a good dancer is a stepping stone for falling in love.” – Jane Austen
- “I just love being in love, feeling butterflies in your stomach.” – Jennifer Aniston
- “Real love awakens your soul…it’s what brings you hope forever.” – The Notebook
- “The desire to love is inherent to every person.” – D.H. Lawrence
- “The human heart has hidden treasures…” – Charlotte Bronte
- “Words can become unnecessary, but a kiss can stop that.” – Ingrid Bergman
- “Being hurt but continuing to love is what makes a romantic.” – Nicole Kidman
- “The human heart has hidden treasures…” – Charlotte Bronte
- “A true relationship is with someone who accepts your past, supports your present, and encourages your future.” — Michelle Yeoh
- “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.” — François de La Rochefoucauld
- “We don’t fall in love with people because they’re good people. We fall in love with people whose darkness we recognize. You can fall in love with a person for all of the right reasons, but that kind of love can still fall apart. But when you fall in love with a person because your monsters have found a home in them ― that’s the kind of love that owns your skin and bones. Love, I am convinced, is found in the darkness. It is the candle in the night.” ― C. Joybell C.
- “You’re not looking for perfection in your partner. Perfection is all about the ego. With soulmate love, you know that true love is what happens when disappointment sets in – and you’re willing to deal maturely with these disappointments.” — Karen Salmansohn
- “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
- “I think careful cooking is love, don’t you? The loveliest thing you can cook for someone who’s close to you is about as nice a Valentine as you can give.” ― Julia Child
- “Real love means loving-kindness and compassion, the kind of love that does not have any conditions.” — Nhat Han
- “We simply can’t abandon ship every time we encounter a storm in our marriage. Real love is about weathering the storms of life together.” — Seth Adam Smith
- “To me, obligation is not love. Letting someone be open, honest, and free — that’s love. It’s got to come natural and it’s got to be real.” — Dolly Parton
- “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” ― Thomas Merton
- “True love is usually the most inconvenient kind.” — Kiera Cass
- “When we know love matters more than anything, and we know that nothing else really matters, we move into the state of surrender. Surrender does not diminish our power, it enhances it.” ― Sara Paddison
- “You know quite well, deep within you, that there is only a single magic, a single power, a single salvation… and that is called loving. Well then, love your suffering. Do not resist it, do not flee from it. It is only your aversion to it that hurts, nothing else.” ― Hermann Hesse
Please Save And Share!